Sunday, January 15, 2012

Raspberry, Pistachio and Rosewater Icecream

Yum - I made this for a recent dinner party and it was great!  So easy too!  I had Middle Eastern, mostly Morroccan food, so I wanted something that would go with that theme.  My sister gave me the idea from something my mum had made one Christmas, so I got the recipe from her, not sure where it came from originally.

  • 2 litres Streets Blue Ribbon ice-cream, softened
  • approx 400g frozen or fresh raspberries
  • 85g natural unsalted pistachios
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 2 tsp Rosewater essence
  • Fresh raspberries and honey to serve

Put the softened icecream in a bowl add the raspberries, pistachios and rosewater essence.  Drizzle in 1tbs honey.  Stir gently to combine.  Press into a bowl or loaf tin (I used an extra long loaf tin) lined with plastic wrap and cover with more plastic wrap.  Refreeze.  


To serve, lift the icecream from the bowl or tin and slice, serve with the fresh raspberries and a drizzle of honey.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails