Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blackberry Smoothie!

I am LOVING fresh blackberries at the moment, they are even cheaper than blueberries.  I am determined to get healthier this year and lose the weight of my textbooks that I have seemed to absorb over the last year of study.  I am enjoying smoothies for breakfast and this one is extra nice because it's bright purple!!   High in calcium and fibre and only around 290 calories it's a great start to the day.  After one of these I am so full I don't need to snack mid-morning.  

  • 1 medium banana
  • 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) blackberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
  • 250ml Physical no-fat milk
  • 1 tsp honey (optional for those with a sweet tooth)

Blend all of the above, admire the 'purpleness' and enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails