Sunday, January 8, 2012

New fabric and ideas

So I've just got back from Brisbane where I was inspired with new ideas.  I recently bought myself a wide bias maker and my plan is to make some lightweight denim skirts, blue and black A lines and I'll be putting a patterned bias around the hem.  With this and some original applique featuring some new fabrics and embellishments I should soon have a few one off skirts for sale (and some for me!) which will be around $60 each.    That's all for now (as I get interrupted every 5 mins in school hols) but will be back with some more soon!  I am planning to make 2012 a year of creativity combined with part-time teaching, and hopefully will get to teach my students some creativity too!

Here are some of the fabrics I've just ordered, can't wait to get them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails