Monday, January 23, 2012

David's Kitchenalia - gorgeous tea cosy!

When I first saw this tea cosy I first though, maybe I'd better not blog this as it may be 'politically incorrect' but then I thought about it and for me, Golliwogs are not a symbol of racism or anything negative at all.  I love these and I grew up reading Enid Blyton, where Noddy was gay and Golliwogs were just a character.  Whatever the intentions were, as I was brought up to be accepting of and respecting people from all cultural backgrounds I have no problem to say I love Golliwogs and especially this one.  It's so cute!  I recently read about the history of Golliwogs and I can see there are some negative connections, especially in the UK and the US, however it's all about how you think about it yourself and I think they are just a cute toy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails