Thursday, March 17, 2011

Decisions, decisions


I recently made myself this skirt, and now I want to make more!  Since wearing it a couple of times I've had requests to make some.  It is such a simple design, but can look amazing with some of the gorgeous fabrics around at the moment.  That's the problem, deciding which fabrics to buy.  I think I'll only make 2 or 3 in each fabric,there's nothing worse than mass produced clothing and people turning up in the same skirt/dress/top in a small town!  So I will have fun looking at fabric sites and deciding what to get.

Yesterday I made a skirt for my friend Jacqui's birthday but I didn't take any photos as I was in too much of a rush to get it posted.  I used the Echino Patchwork in the Autumn colours - but I did take a photo of the card I made with some Echino fabric offcuts and buttons on recycled card. I stitched the fabric to the card with a zig-zag stitch, the top button is an Amy Butler brad and the bottom is a cute wooden butterfly button I bought from an Etsy shop.   I like it!  I hope she does too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails