Sunday, May 2, 2010

Upcycled denim and things on Sale

As you know I love to find old things and made things from them, 'Upcycling' so very large sized old jeans from op-shops are something I can do a lot with!  These purses are made using this refashioned denim to create a larger sized zipped purse with a wrist strap.  They are approx 18 x 17cm some are 18 x 15 and they fit phone,keys, money, makeup, etc quite a bit will fit in them.  These new ones are only $19.95 and I've just listed them on my online shop here along with lots of other purses that are ALL on sale!


Envirosax - I also have Envirosax 5 packs on sale.  There are normally $40 but are now $34.95 for 5 bags great value and you can see there here.

I am about to embark on a new earring making project and yes it will be using scrap pieces of fabric. I hate to throw out nice bits of fabric so have collected a nice bag of little pieces of some gorgeous fabrics.  These will soon appear in the form of glamourous resin earrings and glass pendants.  If I ever get a break from my uni work I will be starting them as soon as I can.  

Here in Tannum Sands we just had our first BAM (Beach Art Music) festival event.  It's going to be a monthly event and it was fantastic.  There were hundreds of people, great music, food stalls and lots of arts stalls, a great atmosphere and a fun time was had by all.  It's about time we had something like this and thanks to the small group of people who organised this, what a great job they did.  Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera so photos will come next time...  

I had to share these pics with you too.  Some photos of clothes made by Ali Bird.  Ali is in the Pod Collective shop too and Iove her clothes, I think I have have 8 of her skirts and my daughter is also a fan and has lots of her clothes.  I love this dress (above) and if it's still there next time I'm in I might just have to get it.  


I also love these dresses - there are quite a few sizes too.  Ali's work is so original and unique, it's a nice change from all the mass produced stuff that is everywhere!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails