Thursday, May 29, 2008

Precious Pegs and a lovely lunch


I have been further inspired by these Japanese papers and fabrics so have starting making fridge magnets out of wooden pegs. I cover one side with either a piece of Yuzen paper or fabric, then paint the other side gold and put a magnet on the back. The magnets I'm using have a pull strength of 984g so you could hang some serious stuff from them! I'm also going to make pegs like this without the magnets which could be used to hang photos on a nice piece of cord or ribbon in your room, or hang up childrens' paintings. The possibilities are endless, just like the number of things I can find to use Yuzen paper for!
I also went out for lunch today with 5 other art minded people who all make lots of great things including, pottery, candles, clothes, photography and paintings and designs for kids and adults. What a great bunch of people to have lunch with, we were like peas in a pod. You will soon find out the meaning of this .............

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails